The new and improved MB Braid.
The 2022/23 range is inspired by nature. As a company, Y1 is now carbon neutral and we are continually looking to reduce our impact on the planet, from reducing single use plastics to offsetting our carbon footprint. Our 2022/23 range is here to celebrate the amazing world we have around us.
The MB Braid has been designed by our very own Great British athlete Anna Toman, who has worked with us to craft a beautiful stick, perfect for her style of play.
A gradual bow throughout the stick allows for consistency and control on the pitch. The MB shape has enough bow to allow lifting the ball while not compromising the flat hitting and slapping.
The MB Braid is made by weaving Japanese carbon fibres into a sock around a soft carbon core to make a stick that has optimal torsional stiffness, unrivalled hitting/slapping power and exceptional durability.
- Composition: 95% Japanese Toray Carbon fibre and 5% Aramid/Fibreglass/Kevlar
- Balance Point: 39+-
- Weight: 525g +-
- Bow Size: 24mm
- Bow Placement: 250mm
- Y1 Carbon Braiding technology
- ‘Shaved’ head design for ease of 3D skills on the move and reverse lifting
- Y1 ‘Recurved Toe’ design for easy picking on the reverse and 3D skills
- Bristled High Control Area on head (HCA)
- Hot Edge - enhanced backhand zone for power